Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Electronic ignition

There is quite a lot of discussion going on just now on the merits of electronic ignition by Accuspark on 12 volts.

For what it's worth I have just done 3600 miles around Europe with a DK4A on 6volts fitted with a KDA1PP (pos.earth) from Power Spark of Bromsgrove -- cost £45.00 This proved totally reliable and gives excellent starting and smooth running. Doug Castle did a write up on this which is worth reading.
In conjunction I converted to LEDs on all lights (Dynamo Conversions, Lincoln) which allowed me to reduce Dynamo output to around six amps. With all lights on the ammeter still shows a positive reading which enabled us to drive most of the time with lights on, like the bikers -- particularly useful when driving through Europe.
So I would say if you have a car which uses a DK4A and you want to stay on six volts this is worth considering, particularly if you want to combine originality with efficiency.

Charles