GRT: 1,331
Net: 852
Dwt: 2,500
Length overall: 248' 10"
Beam: 38' 1"
Draught: 19' 10"

Fully refrigerated motor vessel
Holds: 2
Hatches: 3 (steel, each 21 1/4' x 14 1/4')
Cranes: 3 x 3 tons

Engines: 4 x Oil 4SA, 2 each 12Cy, 2 each 6Cy. 159 x 203mm geared to screw shaft. 2,400bhp
Service speed: 14 knots

Built: 1967
Builders: Ulstein M/V A/S, Ulsteinvik, Norway

Former & Subsequent Names:
As built: Lorena Horn
1970: Lorena
1981: Delma Queen
1987: Hisham
1988: Kim's Marine No. 115
1990: Afko 106

There is a possibility she may still be afloat somewhere, but she hasn't been reported for some time.

Lorena was bought in early 1974 by SCONZ from the Cook Islands Shipping Co. Ltd., who had bought her in 1972 for service between New Zealand and the Cook Islands. She was the first Island trader in the Corporation's fleet.
Lorena remained in service to the Cook Islands using mainly Onehunga at the NZ end. Laid up in early 1978 on arrival of replacement tonnage, she was re-activated for one voyage carrying frozen meat to Guam (?), before returning to lay-up again.
Sold in 1980 to Crossworld Shipping Pte Ltd., Hong Kong, she was intended to be renamed Chantala Fortune, but was resold and renamed Delma Queen. She had loaded frozen meat at Timaru before heading overseas and it is likely that continuing problems with her tractor engines on that voyage led to her being disposed off quickly.

Re: LORENA

Respectfully sir,
please what type of Engine used abord Lorena Horn or Afko 106,The BHP/HP/KW.
I was once abord at Tema Ghana as mechani,I could recall that it was caterpilar twin engine geared screw shaft,but i stoped sailing,i what to start again,
could you please send me the machinery data.

Best Regards
George McDoe Alias Albert Nkansah.