CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Author
Comment
Re: Bar/club activity in Cardiff

redragon
Cote coming to Mill Lane..

So the rumours are true then, and Mill Lane loses two drink-led establishments for an eatery. I wonder how this will affect the dynamic on the street.

Which two drink-led establishments?

Ladybird & Kapu if rumours are to be believed.

I'm more disappointed by the move from independent to chain than the move from drinks to food.

A few planning docs are available (A/14/00073/DCI) - it seems as though the development will be 10-11 Mill Lane. Which is listed as Kapu, and I think Ladybird in the basement. I'm not sure Cote would want the basement but at the same time, not sure they'd want a club operating underneath them (esp as they have asked to stay open til Midnight).

I think its a bit of a shame to be honest. Im not a fan of the existing venues. But I'd have rathered an independent but slightly more upmarket bar (or bars) cum restaurant(s) go there. I think Mill Lane makes a good area for such mixed dining and drinking, especially in the summer. Cote is great but it is very much a restaurant and might struggle a bit in the evening when the street starts to get a bit rowdier.

Will it change the dynamic of the street? I don't know... there are still 3 bars at the other end - Soda, Mocka and Zync. And I think Las Iguanas has a more mixed drinking/dining clientele.

RandomComment
A few planning docs are available (A/14/00073/DCI) - it seems as though the development will be 10-11 Mill Lane. Which is listed as Kapu, and I think Ladybird in the basement. I'm not sure Cote would want the basement but at the same time, not sure they'd want a club operating underneath them (esp as they have asked to stay open til Midnight).

Ladybird is on the 1st floor of the building, not the basement. Same applies though, they will need more than the ground floor.

12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM