CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Bristol

Bristol Tim

How? Isn't Cardiff/Wales already at an disadvantage by having the Welsh Assembly?

FYP

Bristol Tim
Rachda
Bristol Tim
The fact that you can't seem to debate with people without insulting them and posting under a plethora of different aliases says a lot about you, and it's not good......

I've never actually insulted you - just pointed out a truth or two!

Don't take the piss, yes you have. My english is no worse than anyone else's here, I guess that's what you think classes as witty. You've just been petulant and passive aggressive from the start, and about something incredibly minor.
You've been incredibly rude to me yet I haven't done anything to warrant your obnoxious behaviour- and no I wasn't being dismissive of you either; go back and read the posts, I'm just responding and given possible reasons why centre for cities report is the way it is and yet you're being a dick in response.

If you insist on posting incomplete information, you must expect the consequences.

Incomplete? You mean the Centre for Cities info? It's pretty obvious it's not, especially as Rochdale is included (as a separate entry). Clearly you're not the sharpest tool in the shed if you can't spot that (well, you are from Rochdale after all), which makes the fact that you're telling people to go and learn english all the more ironic.

It's obvious you have a lot of pent up frustration at the Centre for cities report, for whatever reasons, that you're taking out on me. I'd say get over it, but you're obviously unable.

I think you need to give these people a call and discuss your mental health. I'm being serious btw.

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/

Jantra

I know Rochdale very well and I'd say Bristol Tim isn't that far from the truth.

Just saying

Yes, thanks. I've also been to Rochdale a reasonable number of times (unfortunately!) so I'm hardly going around by second hand knowledge, anyway visiting and being from the there or any other town or city is actually irrelevant with something like the Centre for Cities report.

I will treat your post, insofar as it relates to me, with the contempt it and you deserve. You mention 'petulance' . You demonstrate it first hand. You come across as a narrow-minded Mummy's Boy and from your posts in the 'discussion' on the incomplete evidence you first posted you show all the hallmarks of a complete prat. I shall not post further to answer any more of your personal attacks. I cannot see the point of casting pearls before swine!

btw pointing out your shortcomings in the use and understanding of the English Language wasn't a personal attack. I feel people like you need help!

I will treat your post, insofar as it relates to me, with the contempt it and you deserve. You mention 'petulance' . You demonstrate it first hand. You come across as a narrow-minded Mummy's Boy

Except I don't, there's no indication there, you're just making things up. Mummys boy? Yeah like that is such an insult, are you 12? You seem it. Anyway, there's not even much of an indication there either although maybe that explains as to why you're so deranged and so obsessed? You have pent up mother issues, mixed with your years growing up in Rochdale, yes there's probably a connection, it's all starting to make sense.

It's also funny that you feign indignation about being on the receiving end of 'personal attacks' and yet you clearly had no problem dishing it out to other people. All you've done is display textbook sociopathic/boderline personality behaviour, either seek help or shut up.

I cannot see the point of casting pearls before swine!

Fine by me! In my case this has been like casting pears before pig shit. Maybe this time you'll actually post something that is of value, on topic, and something people will want to discuss back and forth? You know, without acting like a passive aggressive saddo that you kept on acting as?

Either way, fuck off.

Forum conversations like this are pathetic. If anyone feels aggrieved then go somewhere else.

Baywatcher
Forum conversations like this are pathetic. If anyone feels aggrieved then go somewhere else.

What baywatcher said. The sad thing is both are civil towards everyone else. Lets start again chaps, no need for so much anger

I vote that Paul deletes this thread. Even reasonable posters have gone off on one. For instance -

Bristol Tim

Ash
Cardiff and Bristol may not be threats to each other - but we are competitors in some fields. Cooperation in some areas makes sense - in others (inward investment, for instance) we need to go for the jugular. The mythical "Severnside" can't be defined as a single economic region by any reasonable measure - although it may count as a single airport catchment area!

In which fields?

It's in the post, Tim - "inward investment, for instance"

It might be an idea to read posts before replying.

A radical idea I know.

Bristol Tim
Barden

I wonder what representatives of Newport are thinking. Maybe jumping up and down, waving and shouting "what about us?"

Well, it's up to them (Newport council) to take the initiative isn't it? Maybe when or if they merge with Monmouthshire they might take a more proactive approach?

Who knows what discussions have been had. I'm just implying that the areas between Cardiff and the Severn need to be involved in any discussions, not just Bristol and Cardiff.

Barden
Sub-regional approaches can work successfully - including across waters both political and physical - but inevitably there will always be competition between the main centres. One hopes that a city-region approach to Cardiff and its surroundings can counter any advantage that Bristol and its surroudings has by virtue of its size and location.

How? Isn't Cardiff/Wales already at an advantage by having the Welsh Assembly?

Not really.

The way I see it, Bristol is a pretty big city (and urban area) in its own right. It is augmented by a hinterland (more or less Cuba - the county that used to be Avon) that contributes to the sub-region and by its location on the M4 and M5 and the GWR and crosscountry railway lines.

I think city-regions are a good scale to plan proactively. Healthy competition and sensible co-operation between the two city-regions should be able to benefit both.

It's the kind of urbanism that has benefitted parts of France, Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavia.

Ash

A radical idea I know.

I did read that (and along with trying to steer the topic back on track and away from Rachda) I was hoping you'd explain it more, seeing as inward investment has quite a broad scope, and also why you think inward investment would necessarily warrant Cardiff having to take such a position (against Bristol).

So giving a obnoxious response and telling me to re-read something is hardly witty or helpful.

Ash
I vote that Paul deletes this thread. Even reasonable posters have gone off on one. For instance -

Not really, it was just a case of rachda being provocative and trollish, I tried steering the topic back on track but seemingly all I managed to get was your pissy response by telling me to re-read something! Looking at some of the other threads, there appears to be plenty of incidences that have other users (ok mostly Jantra :D) seemingly going off on one, and for much longer.

Bristol Tim
Ash

A radical idea I know.

I did read that (and along with trying to steer the topic back on track and away from Rachda) I was hoping you'd explain it more, seeing as inward investment has quite a broad scope, and also why you think inward investment would necessarily warrant Cardiff having to take such a position (against Bristol).

So giving a obnoxious response and telling me to re-read something is hardly witty or helpful.

Ash

Not really, it was just a case of rachda being provocative and trollish, I tried steering the topic back on track but seemingly all I managed to get was your pissy response by telling me to re-read something! Looking at some of the other threads, there appears to be plenty of incidences that have other users (ok mostly Jantra :D) seemingly going off on one, and for much longer.

Jantra
Baywatcher

What baywatcher said. The sad thing is both are civil towards everyone else. Lets start again chaps, no need for so much anger

Agreed. I'm over it. Let bygones be bygones.

Barden
Who knows what discussions have been had. I'm just implying that the areas between Cardiff and the Severn need to be involved in any discussions, not just Bristol and Cardiff.

I see, although that type of attitude and thinking might be too much to grasp for somewhere that is quite parochial as Newport and its city council (in fairness).

Barden
The way I see it, Bristol is a pretty big city (and urban area) in its own right. It is augmented by a hinterland (more or less Cuba - the county that used to be Avon) that contributes to the sub-region and by its location on the M4 and M5 and the GWR and crosscountry railway lines.

I think city-regions are a good scale to plan proactively. Healthy competition and sensible co-operation between the two city-regions should be able to benefit both.

It's the kind of urbanism that has benefitted parts of France, Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavia.

I'm not sure if that really puts Bristol at a significant advantage, and there's plenty of rivalry between the local authorities of what used to be Avon.

The city region idea is an interesting one, although I do wonder how effective it would be as tool to try and change the 'imbalance' between Cardiff and Bristol?

1 2 3
CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM