CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: St Edeyrn's Village, East of Pontprennau

Frank
Ash
It's a bit sad that the original Llanederyn is having to surrender its name. It's inevitable I suppose - you can't have two places with the same name seperated by two other suburbs!

Can't they come up with something better than "St Edeyrn's Village" though? It's horribly twee and English. Maybe they could use Penygroes - the name of the local chapel?

Cardiff is a largely English-speaking city nowadays. Look at some of the names around Lisvane, cringeworthy to my mind. Excalibur Drive etc. St Edeyrn's Village seems fine to me, although 'Village' seems a bit of a cop-out when we're talking about suburban expansion.

Excalibur drive is Thornhill not lisvane nqat

Message for the BBC et al. It is spelt Llanedeyrn and not Llanederyn

And while where at it Pentwyn is Pentwyn not Pentwin!

Anyone know what the latest news is on Persimmon's St Ederyn's Village?

S James
Anyone know what the latest news is on Persimmon's St Ederyn's Village?

Last I heard there was a planning application submitted just before Christmas for the access road off the A4232 Penwtyn Link Road and closing of the Bridge Road rat-run (13/02646/DCO) - I think this is fairly key to the whole scheme kicking off.

It went before planning committee in March 2014 but I can't find if it was approved or a start on site date

There was this from mid March in the press.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/councillor-calls-proper-procedures-followed-6802838

So I think it's going to be a while yet !

The planning side of things has been a bit quiet lately, all the various bank holidays must mean they grind to a halt at the council. The last set of decisions published online was at the end of March and the last weekly applications was 10th April.

The end of the tax year may also have something to do with it - work tends to get pushed through towards the end of the tax year but then it tends to be a bit slow to start up again in the new tax year (probably owing to all the bank holidays etc. as you say).

Colour Wolf
Frank
Ash
It's a bit sad that the original Llanederyn is having to surrender its name. It's inevitable I suppose - you can't have two places with the same name seperated by two other suburbs!

Can't they come up with something better than "St Edeyrn's Village" though? It's horribly twee and English. Maybe they could use Penygroes - the name of the local chapel?

Cardiff is a largely English-speaking city nowadays. Look at some of the names around Lisvane, cringeworthy to my mind. Excalibur Drive etc. St Edeyrn's Village seems fine to me, although 'Village' seems a bit of a cop-out when we're talking about suburban expansion.

Isn't it kind of in both, where one place starts and the other ends?

Kyle
Colour Wolf
Frank
Ash

Isn't it kind of in both, where one place starts and the other ends?

Nope. Excalibur Drive is Thornhill.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM