CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Being Cautious

I don't think cardiff has a problem with race, multiculturalism or extremism at all. Given the number of extremists that turn up I'd say it was bound to happen sooner or later that it would be Cardiffs turn. Nothing more than that really.

I've been to the mosque on Angelina street (or is it Maria street), so have my boys with school. I didn't see any sign of radicalism at all, Just a warm welcome and lots of help when answering questions.

All I ask is that no one 'pushes their religion down my throat' be it Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists or whatever. Find your 'God' wherever you want to look and don't criticise the other guy for not looking in the same place!

Only one thing is going to solve the issue - complete integration. No more hiding behind veils or masks. No more closed communities where those of another faith are not welcome. Utopia, I know.

Regretfully, we are suffering the after-effects of Empire. Everything comes home to roost!

Things like this happen occasionally more or less everywhere.

Young men can be easy prey to extreme ideas - right or left, religious or secular. They normally end up destroying their own lives and causing heartbreak to their families and friends. It's not an excuse to be complacent- but we have been here before.

In the 1960s there were bomb attacks on the Temple of Peace, the then Welsh Office and Llanishen Tax Offices by the nationalist group MAC.

In 1973 a bomb exploded at the Portugese vice-consulate planted by home-grown anarchists.

In the 1980's Welsh republicans bombed the British Steel HQ in Gabalfa, Tory offices in Whitchurch and the Army Recruitment Office.

It happens from time to time - it's a Police issue not a reason for moral panic.

In passing, the UK government was ready to turn a blind eye to British Muslims going to fight in Libya and, until recently, Syria. In that sense we may be reaping what we have sown.

CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM