Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What have you been up to today?

Out again today despite the rain (Irwin flying jackets are brill) and I managed my first overtake!
OK it was a tractor but one of those huge ones thundering along the bypass, my head didn't come up to the wheel centre as I crept by flat out at 45mph

Putting up the Christmas tree,again! But have managed to get into the garage and workshop trying to get some brakes (and altering the exhaust) on the Doctor coupe/Special I recently bought.
Hope to drive it above 10 mph next time.

Driving through the snow!

Andrew Wright
Driving through the snow!

Good Measham practice Andrew?

Steve

After 3 1/2 years or so and a house move,finally managed to install in the garage the Parkside/Lidl electric hoist I bought.I have altered it slightly by mounting a 50mm box section in the joists and sliding carriage to give a travel of around 5 feet.
Next,the weathervane as per a previous thread,lifted upward with the 1 1/8" crank kindly supplied by R.

Austin in the shed
After 3 1/2 years or so and a house move,finally managed to install in the garage the Parkside/Lidl electric hoist I bought.I have altered it slightly by mounting a 50mm box section in the joists and sliding carriage to give a travel of around 5 feet.
Next,the weathervane as per a previous thread,lifted upward with the 1 1/8" crank kindly supplied by R.

Any pictures of both projects please?

photo P1020760.jpg
Electric hoist mounted on 50mm box section,bolted each end to 40mm box with end plates again bolted through the ceiling joists.
 photo P1020763.jpgWeathervane in progress but generally as shown.Hope its of interest Peter.

Crank looks a lot better there than it did on the shelf!!

Nice work.

It will look better when its finished!

Both looking great A. I might even replace the upright on my weather vane with a spare u/s crank.

photo DSCI0220.jpg

Still on Christmas holidays. A pile of A7 bits that I purchased some years ago have been ferreted away for far too long. Wife and daughter are away at music camp for a week, but I have to water the pot plants in the southern hemisphere summer heat (somewhere between 35 and 38 degrees today and really humid) and have to walk and feed the dogs, so I am stuck at home. We are in the middle of renovations to the house, so the shed has been taken over by the builders for storage and rubbish skips , and it is precluded to me. But the house is clean, and the washing is now done and folded. So on to the important things in life, in part inspired by the Forum members. A chassis, springs, shock absorbers, wheels and other sundries have been cleaned and painted. One of our kind Forum members had sent me the floor pan plans for an AC tourer. Steel was purchased two days ago and cut to size. So today was spent marking out the various parts on the kitchen table ready for folding, drilling, trial fitting and riveting. There is steel sheet stacked against two kitchen walls, and tools spread across various chairs.The Minister for War and Finance would have me shot if she could see it. Happy days.

Just be careful not to drill the kitchen table!

eBay makes me laugh. I was looking for an OBD reader for my daughters Citroen C1 and was trying to fined one that covered other cars we have. I didn't think I would find one for the A7 or a Rosengart doesn't cover the Dixi though. Perhaps I should ask them where the OBD socket is...

photo image_zpsymrdhntd.png

After 21 years of ownership today I drove my Ulster around the lawn,first time under its own power for at least 25 years,possibly 55.

Austin in the shed
After 21 years of ownership today I drove my Ulster around the lawn,first time under its own power for at least 25 years,possibly 55.

That is always a brilliant feeling. Congratulations.

Photos?

C

photo P1020858.jpgAustin Seven Ulster photo P1020853.jpg
Work in progress,Another cluttered ulster dash.

Absolutely great. Congratulations. Cheers, Bill in Oz

Truly lovely, Dave.

Ian Mc.

Today I shall be mainly fitting some new chrome wheel centres courtesy of Dave Cochrane (cheque's in the post by the way if you're browsing while you're on holiday in the flatlands)

This stuff is the dog's knackers for fixing them in place.

(interesting website in the background....)

Ah yes, Sikaflex. Truly the wonder gloop. Will hold a winch down on a deck!

Playing with sand castles, fire and old cars. what could be better?

photo 20160902_195400_resized_zpsqkl3wg3w.jpg

photo 20160902_195829_resized_zpsqmrrxsw1.jpg

photo 20160902_185431_resized_zpsbsvc4qum.jpg

photo 20160902_192947_resized_zpsnlyn0jsb.jpg

No prizes for guessing what it is!

Been to see my mate Ken who has aquired this.

Its a circa 1914 White & Poppe. 120mm bore 130mm stroke. Ex fire pump. But identical in most respects to engnes fitted by Dennis to their lorries. That said it may well be a Dennis supplied fire Pump. It may well be the original pump from the Sentinel Steam Waggon works in Shrewsbury. I've found Ken a very keen customer who has 2 period Dennis's and no pukka engines.

Also been to see the cup

I too have been to see my Cup and bring it home :)

photo 7B3DC588-03F2-4F64-A790-1E54BF2BEE6A_zpsbixnhgfg.jpg

photo E6913B15-827E-4917-8FCC-D74C1C3F0C68_zpswypugsjk.jpg

And take the saloon around Loch Garten - lovely day!

photo 437702D4-9C51-4B38-BE00-495F39B1AE6A_zpsrpixug49.jpg

photo 419E7F4F-1BDD-47E2-9D7C-E2F7064BE510_zpst4zgsgrx.jpg

1 2