Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Do they get worse than this?

eBay item number:

Re: Do they get worse than this?

at least it doesn't claim to be 1930

the car didnt sell at HVA. but did sell at BRIGHTWELLS.

i viewed the car at HVA, and ive got to say its not for me.

tony.

I think you are a little harsh on this one Martin. If it goes cheap enough it would make a great project for a father and young son to get going. We need young people interested in these cars.
Adrian.

Adrian, I wholly agree with encouraging young people to get involved, but this isn't a starting point.

Someone has got it to this point with no real idea of where they're going and absolutely none as to how to get there.

The body might conceivably appeal to someone, but there are some major ergonomic issues. What on earth is going on with the steering box and column and where will the brake pedal go? What are the telescopic rear shock absorbers supposed to be attached to?

It's a great shame that a Ruby, no matter how rough was wasted to end up with this. Sorting out this mess is not something that I'd want to tackle!

Andrew Cooke
at least it doesn't claim to be 1930

I have to agree Martin, and without wishing to be negative.... we have quite enough of that already thank you very much! But to complete this build there would be so many issues it is far more likely to discourage than encourage. Even with everything that has been written on the subject people still seem to go so far wrong when building a special. Sadly where as it was once only scrap yard hulks that were destroyed, now perfectly good stuff, which is becoming harder to find gets wrecked.

Talking of wasting a Ruby, how about this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mot-Tax-Exempt-Ratrod-Hotrod-3-5-v8-Manual-Rare-Austin-Mustang-LSD-Custom-PX-/121963503777?hash=item1c659760a1:g:KeYAAOSwiYFXDmNO

It's an auction that has finished so it might disappear in the future..

Adrian Payne
............it would make a great project for a father and young son to get going..........
Adrian.

PS. I forgot to mention the loud squawk from my daughter Charlotte (driver and mechanic of a 1934 PD 2-seater) over the gender-steriotypical implications of this.

Here she is, re-engining the family A30............

photo 20. Charlotte and Ian prepare to install the 803cc engine.  Although it ran the unit proved to be very worn.  In the backgou_zpswptlpdmx.jpg

.......and in the interests of balance, son David doing dangerous things.......

WD2470, 2013 photo SpecialatspeedWD24702013_zps12bc32e4.jpg

I'm happy to report that he's now had a haircut!

Hi Martin

Apologies to Charlotte, I must book a diversity training course!

Adrian.

Ebay item 272248495372

Anyone for top trumps?

Would someone be good enough to show me how to get to an ebay item number. My ipad wants to phone the ebay item if I click on it.
Dave.

Nick, I kind of like the look of that car.
I think the chromed radiator surround is great.
The hood is a mess though!

Dave, just type the number in the ebay search panel at the top.

Thanks Dave,
If I hold my finger on the number for longer than normal I get a window which says "copy" whereas previously I got a window which said "call number". So now I can copy the number into ebay without needing to write it down. Still learning how to use the ipad.
Dave.

Dave Wheatley
Nick, I kind of like the look of that car.
I think the chromed radiator surround is great.
The hood is a mess though!

I agree it has a certain something but on closer inspection i think the forward and aft parts of the bonnet come from different cars?
The wings/front valances seem to be all in one piece, is it GRP?
Very carefully photographed to hide critical information is my conclusion and that smells fishy.
It's not too far away from me though and I'm tempted to go for a look-see….

Ah, the ebay seller appears to be 'mr.williams1987' from the Leeds area - he's the guy mentioned on the forum some weeks / months ago who appeared at the time to have a production line going of rather odd looking specials based on Ruby running gear. I seem to recall someone posting on here for the first time who'd bought one of his specials on ebay.

Edit - below is the link to the previous thread I mention above regarding 'mr.williams1987' specials. The first time poster was Jonny.

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=1004817&cmd=show

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

I did wonder if it was the same seller...

Special body, Reliant engine and box, no documents ... sounds like heartache for the buyer

I still think it is going to prove fairly high on the list... it looked intersting as a tiny thumbnail on my phone... but...

The descrption also says the reliant engine isn't fitted, so I'm guessing that fitting the radiator may prove fun again. I think the leather interior is my favourite bit. How many old sofas does this chap have?

Good luck to whoever gets it!

Sold at £4201.00. A rolling chassis, unfitted goings, with some ill matched bodywork. I suppose if you really wanted one…
I almost wish I had gone to ee it but there were other things to do...

Yes

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Seven-No1-Special-Bugatti-T35-/291773844637?hash=item43ef138c9d:g:pfYAAOSwY0lXRpec

And it seems to appear twice with slightly different sellers

[http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-7-Special-Kit-Car-/121999884239?hash=item1c67c27fcf:g:6nEAAOSwBPNXSWx9]

no comment

is it me?

or is this special back on ebay by the same seller. after selling it for £1,400

thought that was plenty myself.

i take it the seller bid up his own item, and bought it himself.

unless the buyer for £1,400 ran a mile when he went to collect it

tony