Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Holiday trunks...

And I thought we were in for some swimwear shots! W

Winston Teague
And I thought we were in for some swimwear shots! W

You had to be on the beach at Aber on 2nd April for those …...

More testing this weekend - fully loaded with all camping gear and clothes etc. for the five of us:

photo 33F5373A-D11C-4E8F-B79E-30CCB981F1C1_zpswh6qrrax.jpg

photo EE8B60F7-A7E4-4FB2-8BDA-EF61E7D3FC37_zpskyiapgmj.jpg

photo 311C79B2-92D3-45B4-B777-5D4BAAB4C3C5_zpsddo6yhe5.jpg

We arrived at the campsite without incident and set up our new ultra lightweight teepee! Was very comfy with plenty of room for us all,

photo 20160604_184536_zpseumujh6j.jpg

My parents stayed in the camper next to us and the helicopter is to be converted into a place to stay in the future apparently!

photo 20160605_103058_zpsslef8uft.jpg

Packing everything back in this morning took some time but I am happy we have everything we need and that we will get quicker!!

photo 20160605_124020_zpsbrmrg5fc.jpg

You know the car is loaded and gear changes happen a lot sooner than usual but I am happy that the car copes well, this was shot from the dash cam (date is incorrect), steepest part is 25% and we are in first - good test, next stop the Picos Du Europa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edw5yZTv6zY&feature=youtu.be

What a great set up.
Hope it all proves to be reliable.
Have a lovely time.

Thank you for your hope Nick - it is mine as well!

The heat may cause us some problems I am thinking - it was 30°c here yesterday so a good indication of it's ability to cope.

In the mid 1980's my father took us over a similar route in his Heavy Twelve Four Clifton - the magneto seized due to the heat (as did the two spares in the tool box on the wing), he eventually jury rigged a coil conversion up using wire, tape and a pair of mole grips, this stayed on the car for a number of years until he found a proper clamp!

I have a Magneto fitted and a (tested) coil conversion under the back seat.

Good Luck R with your great set-up. Whist the flags are a good idea, I hope they and the weight in the trunk don't slow you down too much! And since when was 30 degrees hot? Cheers & Good Luck to all. Bill in Oz

Bill Sheehan
and since when was 30 degrees hot?

I know, I know, I know, but I live in Scotland - I was just showing off (extraordinary - even you will agree I am sure) :)

For the benefit of newcomers to the Forum - Ruairidh and I have known each other since he was four years old and we tend to jest through these pages. Saves on the usual phone calls, apologies if it's boring to other Friends. Cheers, Bill in Oz

Very interesting pictures but it won't let me watch the video, it says it's private 🙁.
When is Dunford senior back at home? There is a script centre wheel hanging on his garage wall that I would like to purchase! 😁

Be warned, Richard - now that it's known that the wheel is in demand, the price has suddenly shot up dramatically!! (Again jesting). Cheers, Bill in Oz

Richard Gosden
but it won't let me watch the video, it says it's private 🙁

Thanks for letting me know Richard - it should be accessible now.

Thank you muchly, video now watched.