Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: An interesting van on E-Bay

For the photos last year, the Morris radiator cowl had been removed, revealing what appeared to be a Rosengart radiator. At that time it also had disc wheels.

The dashboard was also a mystery - certainly neither Austin nor Morris, although fitted with '29-period A7 instruments.

Its a Chummy dashboard

hedd jones
Its a Chummy dashboard

Don't think so Hedd.

Take a look at http://vintageman.zenfolio.com/p686224276/h63DBFE5D#h6f2d12d8 which shows clearly that it's a bulbous, pressed steel unit. The picture is one of several of the vehicle shortly after import.

Yep. Dashboard identical to my March 1930 chummy. Just like it says on that website!

Hedd,

You must have a very special Chummy going by the picture Martin posted-

The bulbous panel looks to have a Lucas SM5 switch panel but the Speedometer seems to have an ammeter inserted.

Tony.

Comparing the two you can see what I consider to be the remains of the Chummy dashboard, it appears to have been simply grafted on to the top section which I would guess derives from another vehicle or fabrication of some sort.

Bonzer Photos: South Wales Austin 7 Club National Rally &emdash; Mystery Spanish van dash

With the photos side-by-side, I can see where Hedd and Ruairidh are coming from. It seems like a heck of a lot of work!

Next question - does anyone recognise the steering wheel - or at least the head with the hand controls?

It's a pity that the Ebay listing doesn't show any details of the chassis, suspension or axles.