Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: when is a chummy not a chummy

Well I'm glad that I am not imagining them. I really couldn't see that once fitted to a car that they would then be removed. Thanks Ruairidh

Derek Sheldon
Well I'm glad that I am not imagining them. I really couldn't see that once fitted to a car that they would then be removed. Thanks Ruairidh

I can't vouch for the originality, Derek, but my '29 AD had the sidescreen locking screws when I bought it and they looked old enough to be original then.
As an aside, they are identical to the same items on my pal's 1926 heavy 12/4 Clifton.

Ian Mc.

Thanks Ian
Strange thing is my 1926 A12 Clifton has regular 1/4" set screws fitted, oh dear looks like more research , think that I have a picture of Val Biro's Clifton somewhere, same year a month apart.
There, it is reported, a coincidence that both my car and Gumdrop were in the the same farm auction in the late 60's. Val did bid on what was eventually to be my car but the bidding went too high so he bought the other. He was always interested in my car when we met up at shows, but he never let on.