Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wheel spokes

Many thanks. I also talked to Nick Mouat, and I have just found his details. He is friendly and helpful, so I am sorted!

Richard Bros, Cardiff.
Web site at www.richards-bros.com

I've used them several times in the past.

Remember there are THREE sizes of spokes on an Austin wheel - the short ones and the two longer ones (inner & outer)

Best of luck.

just refreshed all 6 of my 19 inch wheel with spokes from CWS.. just send a one of each length you want and somebody calls back to take your card number and confirm what materials you want spokes and nipples in and they come after about a week and they fit. used them for all sorts of motorcycles and cars.

I have respoked and tried my five 19" wheels,using heat and penetrating oil on most of the nipples.I only replaced about 20%of the spokes. A friend has told me that the heat would have destroyed the temper of the spokes and I should expect rapid failure as they stretch in use. Is this correct? Andrew

Hi, they will be high tensile, so heat is not a good idea.I would just cut out the damaged/ seized ones and renew

ahe 19 inch wheel is so simple to lace up i d just renew them all.. great article on the internet somewhere about how to do it,, takes about 15 minutes per wheel once you ve done a couple..