Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Judication Required

Can anyone tell me if there is anything further to be gained on this thread - as I am of mind to lock it now.
This does appear to be dragging on.

Re: Judication Required

Charles Onslow- Newton,and Jason [no email]

We are entering dangerous waters,so I don't think it is helpful to the Historical Case to go into "who did what,when and where over 25years ago" that can all be evidenced at the DVLA.
I have to believe and assume from the A7CA surviving Chassis Register that the 1931 TT has the actual Chassis No:-130185 stamped on it and that the aluminium plates "Please Quote car No:-XE 2033 and Chassis No;-XE1030" [shown on Tom Hunts post of 18th Feb are to be interpreted as embellishments of its on going History from 1931-35
However as we are warned of an Judication,I do find it strange the DVLA have the car registered as a A30 Seven Sport!

Ian Moore

We are entering dangerous waters,so I don't think it is helpful to the Historical Case to go into "who did what,when and where over 25years ago" that can all be evidenced at the DVLA.

Very well said Ian.
Keep the discussion to the cars.

Charles

Ian Moore
Charles Onslow- Newton,and Jason [no email]

I have to believe and assume from the A7CA surviving Chassis Register that the 1931 TT has the actual Chassis No:-130185 stamped on it and that the aluminium plates "Please Quote car No:-XE 2033 and Chassis No;-XE1030" [shown on Tom Hunts post of 18th Feb are to be interpreted as embellishments of its on going History from 1931-35
However as we are warned of an Judication,I do find it strange the DVLA have the car registered as a A30 Seven Sport!

Hope this matter will be closed now
Let's enjoy our cars and friendship

Ian Moore

If the 1931 TT on the A7CA has the actual number 130185, why is this number not visible? Can we be absolutely certain that the chassis in place is actually that and not just a blank one that has been stamped with the XE1030?

Mr Howe has previously stated that a friend expressed an interest in that chassis (130185 or 186) and he used another one when rebuilding??

ENOUGH

1 2