Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mobil sign...

Hi Jim

Received mine. Excellent as usual. Cheque in post today.

Many Thanks
Paul

sign arrived safely and well packed. Very pleased, thanks Jim
cheers Russell

Well Gents,
That's about it with regard to re-manufactured 'Austin' and 'Austin-related' signage, at least for the foreseeable future, As we are now concentrating on packing up and clearing out tons, well, quite a lot anyway, of accumulated 'treasures' prior to moving house in (hopefully) the not too distant future.
I would like to express my thanks to all of you who, on receiving these signs have very kindly written. Telephoned or posted your comments on here, all of which have been extremely complimentary about these products and which I have since passed onto the manufacturer, as it was the skill of their employees who have faithfully reproduced them as accurately as was possible for us.
I sincerely hope that your purchases provide you with considerable pleasure, and a lasting reminder of the Motor vehicles which we all cherish.
Cheers for now, and thank you. Jim.

Thank you for your hard work Jim!

I have both signs and when I told my wife they were going in the garage I was told that they are too good to go in there so they will be going up in our house somewhere.

Nathan

..... and why not Nathan, your wife obviously has good taste and an excellent eye for beauty, and I am sure that they would surpass the beauty of any Rembrant or Picasso - Mind you, I doubt whether I would be allowed to get away with that!!!
good luck.
Jim.

Hi Nathan,
Firstly my e-mail address is: Jamescharlesstringer02@gmail.com, and, having moved house at long last my 'phone number has changed to: 01795 488177.
Now, down to business! Yes, the Mobiloil sign was (at that time) probably the last, but a new one has surfaced which I intend having re- manufactured by the same company.
This one dates from 1914 and features the Austin 'demonstrators' which were identified by a large white diamond painted on the radiator and available at most Austin agents and dealers?
The sign will be 17" X 24" and the price, excluding P&P works out at £145.
This too would look great either in doors next to the Mobiloil one or in the garage.
Please let me know if this is of any interest to you.
Many thanks.
P.s. Ian Moorcraft is hoping to get a rough picture of it on this website shortly.