CARDIFFWALESMAP

f o r u m

if it's about Cardiff..
Sport, Entertainment, Transportation, Business,
Development Projects, Leisure, Eating, Drinking,
Nightlife, Shopping, Train Spotting! etc..
then we want it here!

City Centre
:: You Tube :: FLICKR :: Cardiff Bay :: CCFC Stadium :: Cardiff Sports Village :: Wales Map :: brought to you by... PR Design and Print

CardiffWalesMap
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: Cardiff Metro/Subway

Thanks for that. So the UK government is picking up the majority of the bill to upgrade the Welsh infrastructure.

the benefits of the union

welsh rail infrastructure is not devolved so is responsibility of UK government. On a pro rata basis, welsh rail has been massively underfunded over the last 10 years, but the electrification should redress this imbalance, following which it should be devolved and WG take responsibility for funding.

Genuine question for whoever can answer. My understanding is that at present rail infrastructure projects in England and Wales are chosen on a bang for buck basis, so a big project in London may take up a significant portion of the available budget meaning that infrastructure projects elsewhere do not go ahead/get shelved. The govt decide where the money is spent rather than funds being apportioned equally to the regions. If rail infrastructure is devolved am I to assume that the funding will be in line with population a la the Barnett formula? If so will this be greater or less than the current level of investment? Is this a route to funding the south Wales Metro for example?

Karl
If rail infrastructure is devolved am I to assume that the funding will be in line with population a la the Barnett formula? If so will this be greater or less than the current level of investment? Is this a route to funding the south Wales Metro for example?

If the Barnett formula was applied to Network Rail the Welsh Government would receive 5.79% of the money invested - roughly £1.5 billion between 2014 and 2019. There is an element of discretion involved in Barnett though. The UK Government, for instance, ruled that the London Olympics were a "national event" and should not have Barnett consequentials for Wales, Scotland and NI. I'm guessing they would do the same with HS2.

Even if a subway system could be economically justified, I don't think it could be built because of the marl that Cardiff sits on. I think that makes it really difficult to construct.

US Cardiffian
Even if a subway system could be economically justified, I don't think it could be built because of the marl that Cardiff sits on. I think that makes it really difficult to construct.

By subway I assume you mean underground rail system ?

The proposed metro is little more than an extension of the current overground valley lines network...so new stations, some new lines, electrification of the line, maybe a tram line here and there and all that integrated properly with the bus network. Not unlike what exists in Dublin with the DART system and Luas system I suppose.

Which areas need a station most in your eyes?

There HAS to be one somewhere between Llanederyn and Pomprennau, that entire area of the city is pretty much cut off.

There is very little chance - I don't think a line has ever been built there so there isn't any old track bed in place, nor even a protected route. The most likely places for stations are on existing lines:
- Crwys Road on the Caerphilly Line
- Tal y Bont on the Pontypridd Line
- Ely Bridge on the City Line

Building extra stations between Cardiff and Newport is difficult because of capacity issues on Great Western Line. If these issues could be overcome, stations may be built (in order of likelihood/importance):
- St Mellons Parkway
- Rumney / Wentloog
- Splott Road
- Capital Quarter (joint station with the Cardiff Bay line)

I think there is also scope to get reinstated track on a line up to Creigau. One problem are houses around Fairwood Close and Kirton Close (some would need to be demolished), and there would be a lot of opposition in the area. If that were built, new stations serving
- Fairwater Leisure Centre
- Waterhall
- Junction 33 Business Park and Park and Ride
- Creigau

With possible extensions to
- Efail Isaf
- Church Village

This would be a good route. It would support the North West expansion and would provide rail access to the large growing housing estates around Church Village if fully extended. To me that makes it worth buying 20 houses.

One route often mooted which doesn't make sense to me is linking Coryton and Radyr to create a city circle line. I just don't see the demand for such a route. Traffic in the city is very much into and out of the centre, and to and from the main business and retail parks, none of which would be served by such a route.

RandomComment
There is very little chance - I don't think a line has ever been built there so there isn't any old track bed in place, nor even a protected route. The most likely places for stations are on existing lines:
- Crwys Road on the Caerphilly Line
- Tal y Bont on the Pontypridd Line
- Ely Bridge on the City Line

Building extra stations between Cardiff and Newport is difficult because of capacity issues on Great Western Line. If these issues could be overcome, stations may be built (in order of likelihood/importance):
- St Mellons Parkway
- Rumney / Wentloog
- Splott Road
- Capital Quarter (joint station with the Cardiff Bay line)

I think there is also scope to get reinstated track on a line up to Creigau. One problem are houses around Fairwood Close and Kirton Close (some would need to be demolished), and there would be a lot of opposition in the area. If that were built, new stations serving
- Waterhall
- Creigau

- Efail Isaf
- Church Village

This would be a good route. It would support the North West expansion and would provide rail access to the large growing housing estates around Church Village if fully extended. To me that makes it worth buying 20 houses.

One route often mooted which doesn't make sense to me is linking Coryton and Radyr to create a city circle line. I just don't see the demand for such a route. Traffic in the city is very much into and out of the centre, and to and from the main business and retail parks, none of which would be served by such a route.

As I understand it, the track between Cardiff and Newport consists of 2 tracks east and 2 tracks west, so stations on that stretch of the main line would be possible.

I have wondered about the feasibility of this. As I understand it the second track in each direction runs from Severn Tunnel Junction to Cardiff. It is a relief track for the main line, so I suppose it does sometimes get used by the existing trains? I wonder how often, and what impact this might have on any metro plan.

I do not know what the exact configuration of the lines is, but as I understand it on the similar doubling of the track between London and Didcot the lines are grouped so that the north two tracks are the east and west running relief lines, while the southern two tracks are the east and west running main line. The main lines allow trains to move at a higher speed than the relief lines.

If the same is true of the track between Cardiff and Severn Tunnel Junction then I imagine this would require either a new platform to be built between the existing tracks, which could be a bit of a squeeze, or a reconfiguration of the tracks, which could be an expensive fiddle. As an example, look on google maps at the Rover Way bridge, which has been suggested as a potential station linking Newport Road and nearby communities to the metro, and try and work out where you would put the platforms running in each direction, and how that might impact on the mail line trains running past them. I'm sure this is solvable, but it might be a bit more complex than we might hope.

Or maybe this isnt a problem at all. Anyone know?

what is actually being proposed other than an existing bus/train network? why has the cost now risen to £2bn? why do we need a station at Loudon Square? its 200 yards from the existing Cardiff Bay station and less than a quarter mile (at a guess) from Central.

Is anything of substance being proposed before 2025? Is this really how long it takes to get anything done in the UK? Why don't we add a few more years for extra consultations, reports and studies rather than just paying people to start digging...

RandomComment

- Waterhall
- Creigau

- Efail Isaf
- Church Village

I didn't think the Creigau line is being planned to reopen at all. I thought the plan was to open up the track from Pontyclun to Beddau with stations at Talbot Green, Llanstrisant, Cross Inn, Gwaun Meisgyn. I think the spur that went east from there to Llantwit Fadre is no longer in existence.

I take it all back - there's no mention of those new stations as part of the electrification plan any more, on this latest proposal. Another day, another (completely different) plan. Is there are co-ordination going on at all here?

Thanks for the report Mark. I think the frustration on here is that there seems to be a lot of competing ideas out there and no firm plans but hopefully with your involvement a definitive one can be produced. Have you any idea how the initial £62m is going to be allocated?

Cardiff Ian
Thanks for the report Mark. I think the frustration on here is that there seems to be a lot of competing ideas out there and no firm plans but hopefully with your involvement a definitive one can be produced. Have you any idea how the initial £62m is going to be allocated?

probably £60m spent on consultants writing a whole library of reports that for some reason the british public sector need but no one else in the world does, £1.5m on extra WG staff to manage the report writing process, £0.4m on paint contractors and £0.1m on paint.

end result = we will have a few roads painted with bus lanes

simon__200
I didn't think the Creigau line is being planned to reopen at all. I thought the plan was to open up the track from Pontyclun to Beddau with stations at Talbot Green, Llanstrisant, Cross Inn, Gwaun Meisgyn. I think the spur that went east from there to Llantwit Fadre is no longer in existence.

The Council's study on using the Creigiau line either for Rapid Bus Transit, Tram/Train or heavy rail are here.

http://www.cardiff.gov.uk/content.asp?nav=2870,3139,5845,6822&parent_directory_id=2865

Click on "Appendix D - NW Corridor Study Report" and there's a very detailed study of the various options.

It doesn't preclude the other plan you mention. Both are possibles.The Creigiau line plans are designed to serve areas within the county of Cardiff designated for development under the LDP. The Beddau line proposals are designed to serve existing communities in RCT.

Jantra
Cardiff Ian

probably £60m spent on consultants writing a whole library of reports that for some reason the british public sector need but no one else in the world does, £1.5m on extra WG staff to manage the report writing process, £0.4m on paint contractors and £0.1m on paint.

end result = we will have a few roads painted with bus lanes

Sounds about right.

Ash

It doesn't preclude the other plan you mention. Both are possibles.The Creigiau line plans are designed to serve areas within the county of Cardiff designated for development under the LDP. The Beddau line proposals are designed to serve existing communities in RCT.

It sort of does though because, if I remember it correctly, the other plan had the extension of the Pontyclun line to Beddau, as part of the electrification of the valley lines, and this plan has it as some sort of bus-tram system. Both plans are mutually exclusive.

The other plan didn't mention Creigiau line at all, so yes, it's possible that that becomes part of the LDP, I'll concede that a completely seperate plan could decide to open the Creigiau line. But you can't have two plans for the same stretch of line(!)

Jantra

why do we need a station at Loudon Square? its 200 yards from the existing Cardiff Bay station and less than a quarter mile (at a guess) from Central.

I think the plan would be that the existing Cardiff Bay station would be closed with the line extended to a new station closer to WMC, and in the future extended further across the Bay area. Still not far from Loudoun Square I agree.
But it looks like the Loudoun Sq stop would also link up to residential communities on Schooner Way and Dumballs Road.

simon__200
you can't have two plans for the same stretch of line(!)

But there aren't.

I simply don't understand where you think there is an overlap. There isn't. The Beddau proposal is entirely within RCT. The Creigiau proposal is entirely within the county of Cardiff. There is a passing reference to possible future extentions of the Creigiau line in RCT but nothing more than that.

Where exactly do the two schemes overlap?

"If I remember it correctly" doesn't work. Both plans are available online and there is no overlap. Or are we to think that "if I remember it correctly" trumps the evidence?

At least you accept your assertion that "I didn't think the Creigau line is being planned to reopen at all." was bollocks.

I'm trying not to sound like "late night angry drunk" (AKA Jantra) here but....

Ash

But there aren't.

I simply don't understand where you think there is an overlap. There isn't. The Beddau proposal is entirely within RCT. The Creigiau proposal is entirely within the county of Cardiff. There is a passing reference to possible future extentions of the Creigiau line in RCT but nothing more than that.

Where exactly do the two schemes overlap?

"If I remember it correctly" doesn't work. Both plans are available online and there is no overlap. Or are we to think that "if I remember it correctly" trumps the evidence?

At least you accept your assertion that "I didn't think the Creigau line is being planned to reopen at all." was bollocks.

I'm trying not to sound like "late night angry drunk" (AKA Jantra) here but....

Good grief! I have no idea why everyone is so stroppy all of a sudden.

It *is* contradictory, obviously! The line from Pontyclun to Beddau would either have to be part of the electrification of the valleys proposal, or not. This isn't Schrodinger's cat!

The SEWTA proposals that I alluded to as "if I remember correctly" were discussed on this forum a matter of months ago, so I didn't think it was necessary to trawl through and find the links, but here they are

From SEWTA;
From Western Mail
Original SEWTA PDF
(All should open in a new window)

Just to add, RCT (as are Cardiff and Newport) are members of SEWTA. Important transport proposals are supposed to be co-ordinated, not down to local authorities, so there's no point in shouting at me that it's all down to RCT.

That's the whole point of having an umbrella organisation like SEWTA!

Simon.. I think unfortunately, Ash created a straw man for you. The substance of what he is saying isn't to do with one being in RCT and the other in Cardiff. The substance is that they aren't the same stretch of line.

The Pontyclun to Beddau line would involve re-instating a line that runs between Beddau via Pontyclun and then joins the mainline / Bridgend and Maesteg line.

The Fairwater to Creigau line would split from the city line at Fairwater and then travel via Waterhall and the J33 area to Creigau. It could be extended to Efail Isaf and Church Village (which has a station road) using an existing route. This route would end a couple of miles east of the Pontyclun to Beddau line. It could also be extended towards Cross Inn, and join with the Pontyclun to Beddau line. The NW Corridor study shows this latter extension, but I think its because they have somehow ommitted the line from Creigau to Church Village.

The Fairwater to Creigau line could involve track and stations in both RCT and Cardiff. But they don't involve the same stretch of line and therefore aren't mutually exclusive.

RandomComment
Simon.. I think unfortunately, Ash created a straw man for you. The substance of what he is saying isn't to do with one being in RCT and the other in Cardiff. The substance is that they aren't the same stretch of line.

The Pontyclun to Beddau line would involve re-instating a line that runs between Beddau via Pontyclun and then joins the mainline / Bridgend and Maesteg line.

The Fairwater to Creigau line would split from the city line at Fairwater and then travel via Waterhall and the J33 area to Creigau. It could be extended to Efail Isaf and Church Village (which has a station road) using an existing route. This route would end a couple of miles east of the Pontyclun to Beddau line. It could also be extended towards Cross Inn, and join with the Pontyclun to Beddau line. The NW Corridor study shows this latter extension, but I think its because they have somehow ommitted the line from Creigau to Church Village.

The Fairwater to Creigau line could involve track and stations in both RCT and Cardiff. But they don't involve the same stretch of line and therefore aren't mutually exclusive.

It's not a strawman. I was initially surprised that the Creigau plan wasn't in the SEWTA proposal, yet was being mentioned in the Cardiff Counctil plan, http://new.wales.gov.uk/topics/transport/integrated/metro/?lang=en and Ash pointed out that this was a separate proposal, which I conceded in itself was *not* contradictory to the SEWTA proposal at all, though I was surprised I didn't see it in that plan earlier this year.

However, in the documentation for this Cardiff council Creigau plan, there are also plans touted for various other metro schemes, including a tram-come-bus type of service along the route that had been proposed in the SEWTA electrification of the valleys plans as a fully fledged line. This is completely contradictory to the SEWTA plan, and this is why I made my "Another day, another (completely different) plan" comment, as these organisations are supposed to be singing from the same hymn sheet.

There are possibly other contradictions, but that's the one that caught my eye particularly, since, as I said, we were discussing services heading further north for Efail Isaf and possibly Church Village, and I was under the impression that provisions had been made via the alternative route North East from proposed Pontyclun to Beddau extension, in SEWTA plan.

The proposal to reopen the Fairwater - Creigiau line actually itself suggests using two separate stretches of track - the first is the old Efail Isaf to Wenvoe passenger track (on which Creigiau had a station) and secondly the Ceigiau Quarry to Cardiff freight line.

The idea is quite simply to add a branch from the existing Central Station - Radyr 'City Line' through the new "West Cardiff" suburb and up to Creigiau

The problem is south of the M4 the freight lane is almost entirely free from development (apart from a few houses near Kirton Close/Fairwood Close) but north of the M4 a few properties have been constructed. and are now in the way.

On the opposite side, south of the M4 the old passenger line was used to construct the A4232 link road from J33 to Culverhouse Cross, but north of the M4 it is completely undeveloped.

The plan is to use the old freight line path south of the M4 and use the old passenger line north of the M4 - this will create a bit of a dog leg north of Junction 33/South of Capel Llanilltern - but this may actually prove favourable as the plan is to build some sort of Park & Ride facility near J33.

murfilicious
The proposal to reopen the Fairwater - Creigiau line actually itself suggests using two separate stretches of track - the first is the old Efail Isaf to Wenvoe passenger track (on which Creigiau had a station) and secondly the Ceigiau Quarry to Cardiff freight line.

The idea is quite simply to add a branch from the existing Central Station - Radyr 'City Line' through the new "West Cardiff" suburb and up to Creigiau

The problem is south of the M4 the freight lane is almost entirely free from development (apart from a few houses near Kirton Close/Fairwood Close) but north of the M4 a few properties have been constructed. and are now in the way.

On the opposite side, south of the M4 the old passenger line was used to construct the A4232 link road from J33 to Culverhouse Cross, but north of the M4 it is completely undeveloped.

The plan is to use the old freight line path south of the M4 and use the old passenger line north of the M4 - this will create a bit of a dog leg north of Junction 33/South of Capel Llanilltern - but this may actually prove favourable as the plan is to build some sort of Park & Ride facility near J33.

A friend of mine used to own the old Wenvoe railway station and from her garden could be seen the entrance to the tunnel that ran from there to just beyond Culverhouse. On this thread, I would favour knocking down houses and converting roads back to rail use, revolutionary? bloody right!

you can't fault a lot of what's written here, its is pretty much updating what's already out there.

I worry though about how its all coming together - how can the same person who wrote the metro report independently then win the tender to evaluate the report by the government, they are surely only going to say one thing.
It beggars belief really.

need an independent view on it all, put some realism in it

The old Taff Vale branch from Waterhall Junction was single track so not sure how this would work in practice.
Note that an alternative proposal is for rail/road bus using the City Line before joining the road at Pwllmelin Road just after Fairwater Station. The difference in levels at this point in considerable and complicated by the bridge at Pwllmelin Road so cannot see this as realistic.

This came up the other day and seemed like quite an interesting idea, also mention's the idea of tram's for part of Newport:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/running-trams-valley-lines-would-6246090

Burges
The old Taff Vale branch from Waterhall Junction was single track so not sure how this would work in practice.
Note that an alternative proposal is for rail/road bus using the City Line before joining the road at Pwllmelin Road just after Fairwater Station. The difference in levels at this point in considerable and complicated by the bridge at Pwllmelin Road so cannot see this as realistic.

The entire Ebbw Vale line that's been reopened is (currently) only single track. It's s shame they only reopened one of the tracks, but I would imagine that's the same plan for all these lines they're talking about anyway.

(There's a campaign to reopen the other track to Ebbw Vale, I don't know how likely its success will be)

As part of this whole metro project we've got a number of improvements underway already to improve stations throughout the city region on the existing network.

I was walking my dog near Caerphilly station for the first time in a while today and noticed that the new platform (for an express train to Cardiff) looks complete or near to completion. I'm not sure if it's in service yet but I was wondering what progress is being made elsewhere within the area, particularly with Queen Street and Central Station.

Any updates ?

There's plenty of engineering work going on at both stations (albeit on a relatively small scale), mainly involving the construction of new platforms.

It's difficult to really see what's going on at Central what with scaffolding, portacabins,tarpaulins obscuring a lot of the work.

I'd take some photos for you Kyle, but they really wouldn't be exciting to look at.

Kyle
As part of this whole metro project we've got a number of improvements underway already to improve stations throughout the city region on the existing network.

I was walking my dog near Caerphilly station for the first time in a while today and noticed that the new platform (for an express train to Cardiff) looks complete or near to completion. I'm not sure if it's in service yet but I was wondering what progress is being made elsewhere within the area, particularly with Queen Street and Central Station.

Any updates ?

more importantly KYLE'S Back!!! welcome home! one minute in the Dubai sun with the Burj Khalifa towering over everything, and now freezing your ******* off taking in the wonders of the leaning tower of Caerphilly castle, wondering how the Admiral building is looking and if Bayscape has started yet!! gee but it's good to be back home!

On the train the other day there was a notice saying that two new stations were opening on the Rhymney Valley line very soon - one was Energlyn and the other I cant for the life of me remember. Also the thrid platform at Queen St station looks as though it's been completed and will be operational soon.

I did note on a recent journey from Queen St that they had altered the platform numbers around in a way that I found bewildering.

A quick look at wikipedia made it make more sense (after a couple of reads!):

Platform 4 (the old platform 1) is used for services to Aberdare etc.
Platform 3 (the old platform 2) is used for services towards Central.
Platform 2 (the old platform 3) is now only used for services to the Bay, but it will be used for more Valley Lines services once the new bay platform is opened (platform 1).

The fourth platform (platform 5) is currently being refurbished to reduce the bottleneck in Valley Line services at Cardiff Central and Queen Street and a fifth platform (Platform 1) will serve the Cardiff Bay shuttle which operates every 12 minutes.

Simples! I'm still unsure where the new platform 1 is going to be - presumably in the car park of Brunel House?

Karl
On the train the other day there was a notice saying that two new stations were opening on the Rhymney Valley line very soon - one was Energlyn and the other I cant for the life of me remember. Also the thrid platform at Queen St station looks as though it's been completed and will be operational soon.

I didn't realise they'd started the Energlyn one? That'll be three stations in Caerphilly town, not bad at all. I'm trying to think where the other new one would be on the Rhymney Valley line. It must be further north, unless they were just talking about the third platform that's been added to Caerphilly station.

paul - cardiffwalesmap
Kyle

Any updates ?

more importantly KYLE'S Back!!! welcome home! one minute in the Dubai sun with the Burj Khalifa towering over everything, and now freezing your ******* off taking in the wonders of the leaning tower of Caerphilly castle, wondering how the Admiral building is looking and if Bayscape has started yet!! gee but it's good to be back home!

Cheers Paul, arrived home for good last week although I've been visiting every few months as my wife and son didn't come with me. Loving being home, although come January I'm sure I'll be craving the sun!

Kyle
Karl

I didn't realise they'd started the Energlyn one? That'll be three stations in Caerphilly town, not bad at all. I'm trying to think where the other new one would be on the Rhymney Valley line. It must be further north, unless they were just talking about the third platform that's been added to Caerphilly station.

Welcome back Kyle. I think the mystery is solved -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22252058

It says that a new station is being built to service the communities of Energlyn and Churchill Park. When I read the notice on the train (alcohol had been taken beforehand) I must have misinterpreted it as meaning two stations were due to open - one for Energlyn and one for Churchill Park.

I so agree with Jantra, this is rare and worth commenting on!!

this whole process stinks, some ok ideas floating around, many been floating for some time by the likes of Sewta etc, nothing that radical.
Yet this has since had loads of public money thrown at it, many of the contracts won by people involved in the initial report, surely a conflict when you are trying to get an independent position and now I understand that the author is seconded into the welsh government to develop it.........again surely a major conflict.
we need a media or opposition who questions some of this ------ that cosy political consensus at the top in wales needs to be challenged a bit more.

Karl
Kyle
Karl

Welcome back Kyle. I think the mystery is solved -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22252058

It says that a new station is being built to service the communities of Energlyn and Churchill Park. When I read the notice on the train (alcohol had been taken beforehand) I must have misinterpreted it as meaning two stations were due to open - one for Energlyn and one for Churchill Park.

It looks like the Energlyn/Churchill Park station is now open, confirmation below on the Campaign website.

http://www.campaignseries.co.uk/news/10882722.New_railway_station_officially_opened/?ref=rss

As well as that the additional (third)platform at Caerphilly station itself seems to have opened. When I caught the train into the city the other day I noticed the renumbering on the screens and some sort of avertising for services using that platform.

That's some half decent improvements in the town rail service wise as far as I'm concerned.

someone wants to get a grip of this metro work, from what I hear you could build a new station for what has been spent so far, Sewta must be fuming. when they find out the consultant costs currently being doled out I'd expect a bit of labour party infighting.

Good to see this continuing to gather steam:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/south-wales-metro-system-first-6718872

Although interesting that it seems to be only one line in the picture and flats have been built on the bank in between the line and LGA.

Shame that talks about aiming to get this of the ground are not looking at before 2020, seems a bit unambitious.

They missed out a key paragraph.

"This exciting scheme is expected to be funded by an ambitious and extensive street tin collection scheme spearheaded by a consortium including Ming the Merciless and Flash Gordon ".

FFS - what is happening to journalism these days? Is this a vision that the writer had last night after a few sherries? Where exactly is the not insubstantial £4 billion coming from

This is a HUGE figure, yet no mention is made in the article about where the £4,000,000,000 might be coming from!

wow - hot off the press......

South Wales Metro system:

First steps will be £18m improvement to Cardiff Bay and city centre links

So that's the first steps in just 6 years time!!! when I saw the headline I was just about to rush down there with my camera!

What's most frustrating are the unambitious timescales, it's been 25 years since CBDC was created and talk of a tram has surfaced occasionally since then but nothing at all has happened. The Beddau line is needed ASAP but talk of 7 years inevitably means much longer or not at all.

I don't know who would be the best option to have in charge of this? I think it needs to be one body to take this forward. WG, Sewta and the councils seem too many cooks. TfL work really well for London, maybe we need a transport body for south Wales. Any ideas?

It is rather depressing that the pace of the metro development is so slow, but with the bureaucratic mess it has to go through first, it is hardly surprising.

The image of the bute street station is not new. I think its been around for about a year now.

bob
It is rather depressing that the pace of the metro development is so slow, but with the bureaucratic mess it has to go through first, it is hardly surprising.
that is the downside to statism and socialism I'm afraid. Lots if bureaucrats justifying their existence but very little actually being delivered. What we really need are more committees, more plans, more consultations and more jobs for the boys.

It's taking a long time because there isn't any money.

And that's because Jantra's thrusting, entrepreneurial heroes in the private sector banking industry lost or stole it all.

1 2 3 4
CARDIFFWALESMAP - FORUM